Automated robot cell solution
Working towards full turn-key solutions, Brown and Holmes supplies fully automated robot cell solutions. They can include bowl feeders, conveyors, automated linear slideways alongside standard machine tools. In this example we created a plan view of the 2-machine cell (this can be expanded to suit any number of machine tools a customer requires) to design the optimum output and space layout. A series of 3D illustrations were then developed for customer approval before the cell was created. It included:
- Perimeter guarding for fully automatic operation
- 7th axis for multiple operations using one robot reducing hardware costs
- Hopper feed for autonomous running
- Output conveyor for finished parts
- 6 axis robot with multiple gripper for increased output
- Vision system used to verify part tolerances
As the client wanted a complete solution, Brown and Holmes sourced the components as well as installing and commissioning the automated robot cell.
To discover more or to discuss your automation and control solution, contact the Brown and Holmes team on +44 (0)1827 63591 or email email@example.com.