Titan Steel Wheels Press Fixturing
To produce fixtures which clamp two variants of wheel for pressing in a new press. The fixtures will be moved in and out of the press using an automatic process. The fixtures will require to be interchanged using a simple method. Interaction between the two machines will be required.
To meet the specifications the following was used:
- Siemens servo motor, gearbox and S110 drive and Bahr linear actuators. These were programmed to move to set positions for loading and pressing within the press.
- Two hand start used to activate all movements.
- Hydraulic power pack used to clamp the wheel in the fixture, lower, locate and clamp the fixture within the press.
- Quick release hydraulic fittings for fast and clean fixture change over.
- HMI interface for diagnostics and process information.